• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  youth would take the blame, any
    these days i'm becoming everything that i hate,
    my mind is a place that i can't escape your ghost
    Silence.

It meets her again.

The angel stares at her only with those big pale blue eyes. Her gaze does not shift away from him, they are locked with his, searching them for answers while her mind screams to know.

She feels a heaviness in her chest suddenly, a sharp twinge, a strain in her heart. Falter breathes heavily with each passing breath. She can feel her lungs tightening up, the oxygen she inhalations she gasps for desperately. Her legs tremble, shaking, and giving way any moment the longer she stands there in the silence. 

“Please,” she says desperately in a whisper, “Please… Answer me.”

Her chest clenches even tighter. She breathes heavily, gasping softly for air. Falter cannot describe what she is feeling. It is a bewildering feeling, an entirely new sense she has never felt before in a world where she has only ever known happiness.

Fear—it is fear.

The long shuddering breath catches her off guard. She trembles at the whispering sound of his inhale, breaking the dead stillness that surrounds them in the ever-growing dark forest.

His voice breaks the stillness around them, pushing the terror away that consumes her from the inside and out. The angel’s tone is apologetic, there is sincerity in his words despite the uncertainty of his answer.

Falter exhales with relief, finally taking a breath.

There is a silver lining in his next words. She grasps onto it without question, holding it tight because she knows if she doesn’t there would be nothing for her. It is all she has now.

“If I am not dead then where am I?” She asks softly, her mind trying to unravel the mystery of how she even got to the forest in the first place. “My father-,” she stumbles, her thoughts are clouded as she tries her best to sort through them, “I was with him—on the mountain. He took me to the mountain and then there was…” Her words trail off and she falls into silence.

Then there had been that terrible voice and these ghoul-like monsters.

And then there was only darkness.
    Falter

@Selaphiel
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    youth would take the blame, any - by Selaphiel - 09-06-2021, 04:08 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-06-2021, 10:05 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-08-2021, 10:54 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-09-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-12-2021, 10:43 PM