• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart
    A sympathetic look fell across Rinala's face when the colt mentioned the cold. Now that she noticed he did look quite chilled. She lifted her eyes, gazing over the landscape for a place that was perhaps more protected from the wind. Her mind filled with worry of the little palomino. She didn't even know the colts name, but she had inherited a slightly less obsessive worry from her mother, so her thoughts were now to help the colt. Before she could redirect their direction and head to a sheltered spot her eyes widened in surprise when the colt spoke again. Some mothers actually let their foals go so easily! Her face was flooded with surprise for a split second before a smile took over at the colts mention of exploration. Her excited response almost slept out her lips, but the colts next words caught her tongue. She stilled, her eyes growing darker. She lets her gaze fall on the colt in front of her, not sure what to say. 

Even she didn't know why she was here, what was she supposed to tell someone else. A flood of thoughts stormed through her head as she tried to accumulate a reasonable sounding response. She wasn't looking for a home, she didn't want a home, ever. The only experience she'd ever had with a home was the place her mother forced her to stay. And she had hated it. After running away, she'd spent the last three years roaming about. And in that time, she had been through quite a few things. Living on the move constantly wasn't easy for a mare, no matter how confident and courageous she was. But some train of events had brought her here, to bask in the icy spray of the waterfall. And now to meet a cold little colt. There really wasn't anything that special to say.

"I don't have anyone to be here with." she says with a a short laugh. Pausing, and putting a smile on her face, she looks at the colt. "No. I don't want a home." she says in a bright tone. Why does that sound feel wrong to say happily. The thought flashed through her mind but she ignores it with another laugh. Turning her head slightly, she points towards a small cluster of trees. "Do you want to head over there? It seems like it would be more protected and warm there." she says with a smile. A slight shiver running down her spine had reminded her of her damp, cold coat and the chilly colt in front of her. "By the way, my name is Rinala!" she tells the horse. 

Messages In This Thread
    The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-05-2021, 12:50 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-06-2021, 03:13 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-06-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-07-2021, 03:35 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-08-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-09-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-14-2021, 04:31 PM