• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  at the foot of this mountain i see only clouds; obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    The cycle repeats itself and they are both slick with sweat by the time the last child comes into the world. And this one is a perfect replica of her mother, marked in his own finery. A filly. His daughter. Twins. Completely perfect in every way. The girl turns her head to her brother and he thinks he senses a different kind of magic here. And then she turns to him as her mother begins to move, a soft rattling gasp, her eyelids fluttering open to reveal the even more perfect shade of red beneath. The grin that spreads across his dark lips is a rarity, something raw and warm and soft.

But all good things can’t last and suddenly fear flickers in the child’s eyes as she begins to gasp as if the cold air was choking her. He hadn’t caught that first sign but now here it was, a rattling call that echos of nothing but tragedy. It is a mad scramble to reach for her because he can taste it in the air. He can feel it on his back. Death. It was death. And it wanted his daughter. His muzzle presses hard against her small throat but the golden light merely flickers and pure panic washes through him as he realizes that he had pushed himself too hard. Time seems to slow, Revelrie’s cries and pleas warping into static as the ugly truth sinks deep into a withered heart that had reached out and felt. He had used all his magical energy on Revelrie…. leaving none for her.

“No.” He barks to the dread that surrounds them, refusing to give up, refusing to think that this wasn’t a battle he could win. That he had already failed at the start. The filly squirms and fights, he can see how hard she is trying to fight, but no matter how hard they both try, how hard he attempts to push past the limit, the golden light sputters and fades. And then the brightness blinks out of those beautiful red eyes. “No… I…. Rev….I can fix….” He glances at Revelrie, pure dismay and confusion flooding his handsome face. Unclear if he’s calling to her or the dying child before them. He can’t seem to stop trying even when her ribcage fails to rise. He tries and he tries and he realizes then the curse of Immortality. It wouldn’t always extend to all those he cared for. It wouldn’t save the ones he loved. And he would have to eventually watch their frail mortality wither before his very eyes.

This is his fault. This was all his fault. He should have known when he had first sensed her pregnancy that there had been two. He should have known, he could have held back. He should have known.

Everything he touches seems to always turn to ash.

He is trembling by the time he finally pulls back from her. He stands over the filly, not really seeing her, not really aware of anything. There’s a loud buzzing in his finely tipped ears and he doesn’t realize that he is gasping for breath as something raw and feral begins to claw its way up from his chest to his throat. And then he looks at the child’s unseeing red eyes again.

Looks at them and completely shatters in a blinding tidal wave of grief, anger, and scales.

obscene

@revelrie
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: at the foot of this mountain i see only clouds; obscene - by Obscene - 09-08-2021, 05:58 PM