• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me if somehow, some of it remains

I'm coming back again
    I want to live tonight

He’s aware that he looks like a clumsy oaf moving across the sand compared to the way she seems to glide over it so effortlessly, but if she notices she doesn’t call attention to it. He quickly finds she is a good listener, ignorant to the flush of jealousy that prickles in her mind, and so he tells her a little of Oceane and the two twins as they move closer to the cool call of the shaded trees. If he had been able to sense it, he would have understood it. How long had he harbored resentment and envy in the fallout from his last encounter with the Dark God? When his mind had been shattered and he couldn’t tell the difference between what was real and what was not... When he longed for something that he thought he had lost. It was only after the glass had melted from his chest that he realized what everything he thought he knew had been wrong all along.

And for Oceane he would willingly lay himself before Carnage again and again if it meant keeping her whole and safe and happy. The coolness crosses over his backside and he unwinds as a cool breeze plays against the snowy strands of his mane, noticing the way it pulls its invisible fingers through her glimmering white tresses as well. “Three daughters.” He snorts softly in amazement, the gold flecks in his eye glinting with amusement. “And I thought the twins were a handful.” He chuckles softly as he glances at her. He wonders if she grows lonely here with only her daughters mostly for company but she asks him something that draws his attention away from her isolation and back to his own.

“It is.” He says quietly, looking out to the warm sands and tempting waves they had just left. He doesn’t tell her about the suffocating anxiety that hangs like a weighted stone in his chest, that he feels their absence as much as he can still feel the invisible burn from the brands that had been pressed into his flesh. She is a new acquaintance and doesn’t need to be burdened down with the problems of a stranger. “I just remind myself that it’s temporary.” He says quietly, more so for himself than for her. He swings his head back to Beyza, smiles slightly, as he asks her honestly, “Is it difficult living here? So far from the mainland?”

Ledger

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    tell me if somehow, some of it remains - by Beyza - 08-23-2021, 06:40 PM
    RE: tell me if somehow, some of it remains - by Ledger - 09-07-2021, 02:33 PM