• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  youth would take the blame, any
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    And this, a place for remembering.

While the trees watch, he wanders and he remembers the disaster of his heartbeat as he’d waited for someone to come and send him away. He remembers how he had existed in a kind of perpetual purgatory, caught between the edge of Hyaline and the dim edge of the forest. He remembers how he had learned to disappear.

Even in that terrible darkness.

There had been so many things to be afraid of then and yet the only thing that ever troubled him was the thought that he would be told to leave. How scarce he had made himself then, how keen to run he had been.

And the heart is heavy when he ventures from Hyaline back to the forest today. It’s only for today, not forever because he had made promises and he intends to keep them no matter the cost.

The shadows still reek of death. If he stops and listens, he can almost convince himself that he can still hear the cries of those claimed by the darkness and the things that lurked within it. But he does not stop and he does not listen because the stench is enough. 

He just wanders because the heart has clenched and spasmed and twinged and he has not been able to breathe right for days. And he is tired and this is the only place he can almost catch his breath.

It is dark here. Dark, dark, dark and deep and the ground gives beneath his feet just enough for him to wonder what it feels like to fall and his brow is furrowed with worry. Always with worry. 

He moves slow, throwing his heavenly glow, and he breathes in all the death that has ever occurred here and he wonders what they’d tell him if they could. 

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

Messages In This Thread
    youth would take the blame, any - by Selaphiel - 09-06-2021, 04:08 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-06-2021, 10:05 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-08-2021, 10:54 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-09-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: youth would take the blame, any - by Falter - 09-12-2021, 10:43 PM