• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

Her exhaustion and pain keeps her still in the water as the chestnut mare begins to descend on her from the shadows. Her gaze is wary as the silver threads of her eyes begin to finally slow, revealing small pupils that had been hidden amongst the blur. The pool begins to glow around them as she comes closer and the heavily scarred mare snorts softly, uncertain. “It’s not working.” She says again but her voice is thick and she’s no longer sure if she’s talking about the waterfall. None of this is working. This fight with the Curse, this waiting for the final pin to drop, this quest to help others when she can barely help herself.

The movement of the water stirs against her oddly angled wings and she winces again, blowing out a sharp breath of pain. The mare asks for her name, introduces herself. She throws a glare at her as her jaw clenches. She doesn’t care about formalities, does she not see the bone protruding through her left wing? Does she not see how she cannot even move her tail, how she has been rendered and fractured on the whims of an evil that nobody can truly comprehend? That darkness begins stirring in that hollowed place within her as her blinding rage begins to flare.

“Ciri.” She finally spits at her through gritted teeth. Her red stars deepen in their hue as if fighting against the bright glow above them, upset at the reminder of what they had once been. “I’m Ciri.” She states again, turning her ire towards the stirring waters around them. “I don’t have time for this. I need to get back to the North.” She finally snaps, her irritation and impatience finally getting the best of her. “If you can’t help me then leave me be.”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@lilliana

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I just want one more chance to put my arms in fragile hands - by Ciri - 09-03-2021, 01:58 PM