• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let it wash over me like a flood
    She doesn’t know what it’s like to be teased - this is the first time it’s ever happened. She shakes her head in answer though - because no, it is not awful of him to be glad. She had moments where she was too, and they had been coming a little more frequently. It is very easy to miss what she was because there had been a bliss in being unknowing, unthinking. She had just followed her mother and their master wherever she was bid to go, feasting on whoever they caught or were told to chase.

There are so many thoughts now, so many memories that drag her down, it would be a relief to escape them.

But she is glad, sometimes. There is a freedom in what she’s become, even if it means being haunted.

Her frown doesn’t clear until he laughs and then she feels like she should smile so she does. “Oh. That’s good.” Hopefully, he will always come back. If it should ever happen again. If her mother finds him. Her scattered thoughts focus on the topic of death and her voice is thoughtful when she continues. “I almost died, I think. When I changed I was injured… but an angel saved me.” Her black eyes flick upwards to his crooked halo though she knows it wasn’t him. It is a comforting sight for her all the same.
    NOSTROMO

@Cassian

Messages In This Thread
    let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 05-28-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-10-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 09-01-2021, 05:06 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 01-18-2022, 12:50 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM