• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  heaven forbid you end up alone and don't know why

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He can feel it there, a tiny ember living in the center of her chest, burning her heart as her skin burns everyone else. Love tangled up in the memories of his mother. What Brazen would have given to have known the truth of it, he can already guess. But the world is almost never so kind as that. What would the world be without the endless fates of star-crossed lovers to fuel it?

Reave could not judge her selfishness however. He is an inherently selfish creature himself, and he can understand the urge that had made her creep away to suffer in anonymity. The bone-marked stallion has never cared for anonymity himself, but the urge is the same one that had fueled him to be so reckless and callous as he barrels through life.

A faint, almost bitter smile touches his lips at her question. His blue eyes spark behind the glow of his mask as he lazily lifts his head. Did she want you? The question feels almost hollow in the unfeeling air, and Reave does not answer immediately. When he finally does speak, there is something that borders on cruelty in his words, though it’s hard to say whether it is directed at her or himself. “She loves me.” But of course, loving someone is not the same as wanting them. A heavy pause fills the space between before he finally admits, “but no, she did not want me.”

There is an edge to his laughter as it grates past his throat. What else could one do when faced with the truth of their own beginnings? “I exist because of a joke.” There is a dark humor in his words. As harsh as reality might be, even he can appreciate the irony. “Imagine her surprise when she realized she was carrying a sireless child.”

He tilts his head as he peers curiously at the woman before him. As he wonders if she would appreciate the humor as much as he. Somehow he doubts.

“But I suppose you would know about unwanted children,” he continues, returning her with a sharp stare of his own. One containing far more knowledge than it should. “Wouldn’t you?”

reave

@Brinly

Messages In This Thread
    RE: heaven forbid you end up alone and don't know why - by Reave - 09-01-2021, 10:02 AM