• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  you need something that i want
    sickle
    Sulking did not come naturally to Sickle, though she had been doing her best. The news that she needed to stay here for a year made her restless - but mostly on behalf of her friends and family. She hoped to one day wake up to see Wishbone storming in, Malou beside her and spitting mad, and then she’d be whisked away back home.

Would she be able to visit Asterope in her pond? Would Aeson remember her when she saw him again?

Her young mind continued to be filled to the brim with questions, many of them going unanswered as she shied away from interacting with the residents here as much as she could. She felt watched here and it came with a confusing sense of familiarity (she’d always been comfortable in Tephra, knowing she was watched over by many eyes) and uncertainty (these were all strangers instead of family). This shyness came as unnaturally to her as the sulking, but fortunately, there was plenty to explore and it kept her mind occupied. Especially on days like today - when her phoenix companion was gone again in search of her mother.

It is a sunny day and she’s playing her new favourite game - racing through the wildflowers like they are a forest. Today she’s a small, iridescent blue sparrow - mostly. She practices her shifting as she weaves, occasionally taking a smaller form (a dragonfly) when the spaces between the leaves and flower stems don’t provide enough room for her wings. She is darting around as a dragonfly when a large raindrop collides with her back. With an indignant shout, she shifts back into herself - sitting up in the flowers just a few paces away from a palomino girl she has not seen before.

Her head cranes upwards though, mismatched eyes catching on the darkness of the sky and they widen in surprise and excitement. A few more raindrops hit her and she asks incredulously - forgetting her sulking and shyness entirely “Wasn’t it sunny a second ago?”

@parish

Messages In This Thread
    you need something that i want - by parish - 08-30-2021, 10:08 PM
    RE: you need something that i want - by Sickle - 09-01-2021, 09:13 AM
    RE: you need something that i want - by parish - 09-09-2021, 02:46 PM
    RE: you need something that i want - by Sickle - 09-12-2021, 05:46 PM
    RE: you need something that i want - by parish - 09-23-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: you need something that i want - by Sickle - 10-03-2021, 12:44 PM