• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  she keeps me alive; Ciri

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

When she had said it to Nashua, she had almost felt that it had been her fault. That she should have known better, that she had been the foolish one to expect nothing less in the first place. Those weren’t words that had actually come from his mouth but he had barely batted an eye to her confession, hadn’t seemed surprised or shocked. He had been so angry, they both still were, and she knew his mind was distracted by the loss of his son, the return of something he had thought long gone.

It had still hurt though. A painful barb that had dug its way deep into her chest.

Leokadia however does not look at her as if she should have known better. What she does is even more unexpected as the smaller mare presses her head to her neck and rests it there. Every muscle tenses but then slowly begins to relax and for a moment she feels the stirring of a different feeling beneath all that white-hot fire inside of her. For a moment she remembers that there are other emotions beside grief and rage. There is a part of her that flinches when Lo finally pulls away, an inclination to bring her back beside her. But she doesn’t reach for the cream mare, focusing on what she says instead.

There is a flare of temper at the question but she bites her tongue, it’s not meant for her. Instead she takes a slow breath, the red stars around her flickering, and begins to tell Lo about the Underneath. It’s a story she has told many times before but there is an extra heaviness to it this time. Because the last time she had told this tale had been to Nashua when she had first come to the Isle and had seen nothing but a beautiful new future for herself. And before that, she had told it to Gale. After recounting what had happened in that nightmare fueled place, Ciri begins to explain how her fight with the siren had unlocked memories of worlds and places and lives she had forgotten. How something had clicked her connection back into place with powers she hadn't known she could wield. How she had once been something other, a star much like the ones that hang watchfully amongst the dancing light of the aurora now. “I thought I would go back.” She says again and realizes just how drained she really is.

Lo speaks again and she says nothing. Instead she leans into the touch of her shoulder, finding the warmth of Lo’s steady breath against the pale scars on her skin to be much more comforting than words. And when it seems the silence would spread forever, she finally looks at Lo and there is something like desperation in her eyes. “I don’t know how to turn this off. All this anger, I can’t make it stop.” She whispers to her friend, hesitating on the rest of what she wants to say. “I’m so tired, Lo.”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leokadia

Messages In This Thread
    she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-10-2021, 03:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-10-2021, 08:17 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-13-2021, 02:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-13-2021, 05:28 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-15-2021, 10:03 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-16-2021, 06:19 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Leokadia - 08-19-2021, 11:44 PM
    RE: she keeps me alive; Ciri - by Ciri - 08-24-2021, 01:35 PM