• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I'm on the outside looking through
    Let's be better strangers
    It does not occur to him at all that the child may be hurt by his lies - it was, after all, his false words that ultimately gained her compliance (and her silence) until they were home again. Until the Pampas' fields of color stoked her suspicion and Obscene finally revealed the truth. The dark mask of his face is twisted into a scowl, but he keeps his silence. He has no magic to convince the girl to stay and he would not use it now if he did.

He does, however, scoff audibly at the idea that they will help her very much. He thinks they're wrong, wrong to break the lie, and wrong to even consider keeping Sickle here. They're wrong to think that they're less of a target with or without her, but trying to convince either of them feels like more work than he wants to put into this.

Perhaps Obscene does not truly understand the Curse. Does Aela, he wonders? Wherewolf does not pretend to, but he does not think it is something likely to be bargained with. It will destroy them regardless of whether or not they have its daughter - the daughter it could easily have brought home on its own as easy as blinking. It will destroy them because it wants to, and, maybe, if the scant rumors can be believed, it will bring them back so it can destroy them again.

Wherewolf is keen to act as if he does not care one way or the other, but if the Hyalinians come to burn the Pampas, he will be long gone.

So long, Steve.
    Image by Vakrai

@Sickle, @etc

Messages In This Thread
    I'm on the outside looking through - by Sickle - 08-29-2021, 05:51 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 08-30-2021, 05:20 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Wherewolf - 08-31-2021, 05:56 PM
    RE: I'm on the outside looking through - by Aela - 09-06-2021, 11:32 AM