• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there is a light in you I've fallen into
    WORSHIP
    We, she insists, but how can he take any credit for this?
    It’s true that the girl is draped in fine opal, just as he is, but even still. He has to believe that even if he had not contributed in any way, she still would have sprung from her mother’s womb every bit as beautiful.

No, he cannot take credit for this when he believes that she has done this all on her own. She had labored away the long hours to bring the child into this world while he had merely stood watch, trembling with nerves.

No, she deserves all of the credit for the child who stands before them now, glowing softly in the darkness.

But he does not argue with Stellaria. Not only because he loves her but because this is such a tender, sacred moment that he does not dare ruin it with stubbornness. So he concedes, relents, kisses her so gently and then they both focus all of their attention on the girl who is looking back at them just as intently.

What a marvel they are, the three of them standing there in the darkness.

Soon dawn will begin to gather on the horizon, but for now it is quiet night and they are alone in the world and, for the moment, they are the only things that exist at all. And the filly’s skin trembles where her mother touches her and she leans into the warmth of her mother’s mouth, pleased with how loved she is already.

Liesma,” Worship says without hesitation and the filly turns her head to look at him, understanding that this is her name. She looks up at her father with big, dark eyes and then turns to her mother, moving slowly, carefully to her hip and begins to drink.

And Worship sighs while he watches. “Could you have dreamed up something so beautiful?” he asks quietly.

you were the boat that breached in the tale of conrad
    oh, i loved you with the good and the careless of me
    but it all goes bad

@Stellaria

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is a light in you I've fallen into - by worship - 08-30-2021, 02:18 PM