• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I ran, I ran so far away

All of Beqanna seemed to lose their minds in autumn.

It was the season that Aela was always the most aware - the most receptive - because it was this season that resulted in offspring. For a few weeks each year, most inhabitants of this land gave themselves over to the instinct that made them no better than beasts and rutted whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Aela just always made sure that she was never mistaken as an opportunity.

She played along, as she often did. If a little extra desire made a possible recruit for the Pampas a little more interested, or if another was receptive to Aela's prodding at learning what kinds of Magic they possessed, Aela played her part in the flirtation. But just as she was a good actress, she was better at always giving them not quite what they wanted. (And if a brute was persistent, Aela was perfectly capable of dispelling that emotion.)

But the season starts to fall away, as the red and gold leaves do.

There was enough chill in the air to tell Aela that it would be safe to return to the Pampas. Her mind was reeling for more possible steals: they had already taken captives from Tephra, Islandres, and Ischia. Pangea was her former home, and therefore off-limits. Hyaline was home to Gale, and while the palomino wasn't especially eager to cross paths with her half-brother just yet, the thought of Mazikeen (and the multiple entities residing there) swayed her from instigating the East. It leaves only the North and Aela sighs, because there is nobody for them to steal from the forests of Taiga.

So what will the Pampas and its wildflower Court do?

The slender palomino is considering their options - another meeting with Reave, the upcoming coronation of Cheri - when she spies as dark pegasus. He lingers mostly in the shadows, while Aela and her gold stripes glitter clearly in the midday sun. He looks aimless, and the gilded mare slows her own travels to watch him as the pegasus takes his. "Looking for something?" she finally questions the winged stallion when she comes close enough, tilting her blazed head curiously in his direction.

They doused your soul in water,
    but the flames raged higher.
    And they called you devil's daughter,
    such a pretty liar.

@Cassiell

Messages In This Thread
    I ran, I ran so far away - by Cassiell - 08-28-2021, 12:52 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Aela - 08-28-2021, 08:54 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Cassiell - 08-28-2021, 10:39 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Aela - 08-29-2021, 11:54 AM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Cassiell - 08-29-2021, 01:25 PM
    RE: I ran, I ran so far away - by Aela - 08-29-2021, 02:40 PM