• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  on moonlit wings

now i don't know who i've become
    and another day breathes
    tearing at the seams
    and i hope i don't come undone

This is why she wanted a place to belong. Safety among a mass of others. Her beauty is inescapable, a hateful gift that makes her into a lighthouse on the shore when she wishes only to be a pebble among millions of pebbles. During her time away from Beqanna she had learned what danger is, how trouble ensnares you. She came home to find a way to protect herself from these kinds of situations, but her poor temper has made it a difficult task.

He crosses the space between them, cautionless, surefooted. Just as his eyes never leave her, hers never leave him. She sees how his piercing gaze roams across her skin and clings to her as he comes nearer. Aloy’s wings rise away from her back, just slightly, her white covert feathers bright among the others of rusty red. They are close enough to see each other well now, he’d toyed with his reply as he moved near but now gets to the point. “How indeed.” Sighs Aloy, cocking her head, the little light that there is drifts down the golden horn like water.

He compels her to give him her name and she does not hesitate to comply, her name holds no power. It’s just a word, one that means something to her mother and little to anyone else. “My name is Aloy.” She says succinctly, her voice feminine, but full, unrestrained by shyness or coquettishness. “Now do you tell me yours? I’m not in the habit of making friends, I’m afraid I don’t know how it goes.”

Aloy remains where she is, flicking her flaxen tail at her hocks but otherwise motionless. Neither moving closer or backing away. After everything, she should perhaps be afraid of a situation like this but her softly simmering anger, ever present, holds back those kind of reactions well enough.

Aloy

@"Cassiel"

Messages In This Thread
    on moonlit wings - by Cassiell - 08-24-2021, 10:42 PM
    RE: on moonlit wings - by Aloy - 08-24-2021, 11:23 PM
    RE: on moonlit wings - by Cassiell - 08-24-2021, 11:50 PM
    RE: on moonlit wings - by Aloy - 08-25-2021, 12:46 AM
    RE: on moonlit wings - by Cassiell - 08-25-2021, 09:18 AM
    RE: on moonlit wings - by Aloy - 09-04-2021, 10:49 PM