• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me and fade to gray
    A thought strikes Draco as he watches the child attempt to form sentences. He dips into her mind again, finding it similarly thoughtless and disconcerting to moments before. He frowns, allowing her stuttered, jumbled sentences to fade into the background.

The demon has never tried telepathy before but a hunch urges him to try. It would only make sense if the new magic strengthening him empowers his skilled mind reading. What . . . he tries at first, then brings his eyes back to the girl to search for a reaction. Then: Are . . . Another moment of searching, then: You . . . He stands entirely still, statuesque, tail arched upward as he strains to control magic he has never used before.

What are you? the demon finishes with, combining the words into a full a sentence. Perhaps it was the clear mind disturbing him that made him do it, or his own selfish desire to control the changes happening within in his body; it didn't matter anymore. Now he can only wonder if the intrusion will stoke a personality out of the girl.

Being a strange creature himself, Draco finds the smallest bit of affection for Enthrall burrowing determinedly into his chest. Whatever she is, he doesn't think she can be any worse than the worst the East has to offer, so he acts on that little seed of paternalism.

"Come with me," he states firmly, then gestures in the general direction of Pangea. He turns around then looks back at the girl, wondering if those empty doe-eyes won't question the lead of a stranger.
    art by dozymare

@Enthrall
    hitch a ride on my violence

Messages In This Thread
    bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-03-2021, 08:50 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-06-2021, 03:17 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-11-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-12-2021, 11:34 AM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 06-21-2021, 12:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by draco - 08-22-2021, 09:19 PM
    RE: bury me and fade to gray - by Enthrall - 08-24-2021, 09:51 PM