• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nothing is forever [Starnage Kids / Any]

The daughter of a god.
    My mother's pronouncement does not surprise me. I know I am intelligent and that I will grow, and someday I will be more than a match for anyone who displeases me or incites my curiosity. I imagine with academic precision how I might dismantle and rebuild the world I see around me. Everything has a purpose, even if it is simply to amuse me.

My home has become less than amusing. I feel I have wandered the cove until my curiosity has been fully sated. My mother is company, but not of the variety I am seeking now. I need companions who will grow alongside me, and perhaps be interested in the knowledge I am accumulating.

The Playground might suit your needs, my mother said. I bite back a sneer. An adult unclear on the potential of children named this place.

I enter the grounds, coolly assessing the company. The fairy flutters about. I wonder if it would be worth my time to chase her and see if she squeaks like a starling. I cock my head. Probably better if I don't. I haven't the physical strength to back up a challenge.

Childhood is something I will be happy to shed.

A tiny filly captures my attention, partly because of her stature, but then because of her coloring. Like me, she is not the usual brown or red or white. Although most of my body is a dark chocolate bay, my nose and legs, tail and mane, are all a startling shade of orchid purple.
    And this girl. She is sprinkled with stars along her back. Fascinating.

I sigh a little, wondering if she will be any amusement at all. She is splashing with fish, but as no one else nearly as interesting presents themselves, I wander over. It's an unusual feeling to tower over someone.

"What in god's name are you doing with those fish?"

I have already learned that being blunt is the fastest way to learn what I want to know.

"I'm Kersey. What do they call you?"

K E R S E Y
    the academic executioner
    daughter of carnage and killgore

Messages In This Thread
    Nothing is forever [Starnage Kids / Any] - by Kersey - 09-13-2015, 10:52 PM