• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the less I know the better
    NEMEON
    Like with Baptiste, there is a moment when Nemeon thinks he’s miscalculated what time of night it is. Perhaps he has fewer conscious moments than he thinks, perhaps he’s wandered far from his twin and will not be found tonight so he wakes up alone in the darkness with no news of the day.

But though he freezes where he is standing, he does not turn to stone. Not even when the outer reaches of the light fall on his skin and he feels the barest hint of warmth on his nose. “No.” Is the first syllable to come out of him, his eyes wide as he realizes it is a filly.

But then, wasn't the sun nearly constantly on his mind? So he continues a little more hesitantly, though still whisper-quiet as he tries to sort out his thoughts. “Not…” Not intentionally, though the words drop into silence for another few heartbeats before returning to audible levels. “I had been thinking about the sun.” He admits sheepishly, his golden eyes taking in every bit of light that she casts. It is so unlike anything he has ever seen. He takes a step closer, so that it glints on the golden streaks that line his body and leathery wings, and then stops. All caution is forgotten, as it always is whenever this young boy is in the presence of light.

One day he will grow accustomed to the dark world that he cannot escape, but for now - while he is still growing, still hearing stories of another world - it is still something that captivates him.

And nothing he has seen so far has come close to this filly. The word glow seems so small compared to what she is doing - she’s become something else entirely.

Nemeon tries to find her eyes somewhere in the light when he asks her “Is that what it’s like?”

@anaise
    Nemeon is radioactive
    Those that touch him may experience metallic taste, nosebleed, nausea, headache, hair loss and/or skin lesions.
    Symptoms become worse with prolonged exposure and onset is accelerated when exposed to his blood.

Messages In This Thread
    the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-14-2021, 12:48 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-21-2021, 07:21 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 08-22-2021, 08:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 08-30-2021, 01:39 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-05-2021, 09:50 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-06-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-09-2021, 03:09 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-09-2021, 08:25 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by anaise - 09-19-2021, 05:29 PM
    RE: the less I know the better - by Nemeon - 09-25-2021, 12:10 PM