• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  there is a light in you I've fallen into
    Stellaria
    Worship’s presence does not take away the pain but it helps, and when she reaches for him he is there. Just where she hoped he would be, where she knew he must be. Stellaria wants so much to close her eyes but she refuses - even blinks take away too much time that could be spent marvelling at the kaleidoscope of his skin, the way his golden eyes look when he says he loves her and she replies in kind.

None of these are moments that she wants to miss, no matter how tired she is. They are too precious - worthy of being immortalized in the stars.

With him, that mortal weakness does not feel so prevalent and she is able to find the energy to remain standing, to follow his movements when he goes towards the perfect life that they have made together. And Stellaria quietly replies with this thought “What we made, my love.”

Devastating is right, and Stellaria brushes her muzzle against his skin again as they stand there together. This first night that they will share as a family. Without a mother of her own, she relies on instinct to guide her, wishing both to marvel over the new life and at the magnificent partner with which she was created.

Soon she will need to rest, she will need to admit that she is weak and tired, but for a while longer Stellaria remains where she is - brushing a touch over the short mane of the filly. “What should we name her?” They'd discussed a few name ideas over the winter, but did any of them measure up to what they were both seeing?

@worship

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is a light in you I've fallen into - by Stellaria - 08-21-2021, 08:55 PM