• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  eurus afer ventus
    Bardot seemed one of the good types past her exterior of wild beauty. Cheri knew she shouldn’t judge a character so quickly after meeting them, considering that all kinds of evil came in the most attractive shapes and sizes, but since her arrival Bardot had been the one doling out information. If the visiting mare had nefarious intentions then she had an odd way of showing it, either that or she was the best deceiver in Beqanna.

Cheri had come to find that most of the ick who considered themselves in an ‘elite’ class were rather proud of being pretentious assholes, choosing to flaunt it in some clever fashion during conversation. They pretended not to care, but in doing so also cared about not caring. Bardot didn’t seem to fit that type.

No; in fact she fit the bill for a friend, which was very much what Cheri hoped to gain through the course of their tete-a-tete across Loess. After all, her intimate knowledge of Yanhua’s final whereabouts and his odd change in personality did not seem to flow easily from the buckskin’s mouth. If what she claimed was true, (and soon enough confirmation would come) then the potential for unbalanced chaos or personal gain was quickly approaching.

Cheri saw the window of opportunity slowly opening, and her feelings toward it were certainly mixed.

Luckily, she had the current distraction of focusing her energy into doing something a little more positive. She could at least try her best to help Bardot on her journey, if nothing else. “Whatever happens,” Cheri trudged eagerly downhill, “at least by the end you can say, ‘I tried.”

Near the bottom she leveled out again, staring grimly at the paths forking away from their own, both south and west. “Most never even get that chance.” Cheri murmured quietly. For a moment she was silent, and the sound of insects buzzing in the heat accompanied the sweet sensation of a dry, sweltering day. Afterwards she spoke up. “As far as your clues regarding the missing half-brother, I regret to say that I only know one stallion who might match the description you gave me.”

Damned if a smile didn’t curl up the corners of her pretty mouth.

“His official title is Prince of the Pampas, but those who know him call him Obscene.” Cheri told Bardot, making no attempt to hide her apprehension over his name. “He’s dark black in coloration and has those piercing red eyes you mentioned.” She detailed. “And you should know that he may not be as welcoming as I’ve been today, so tread carefully.”

That was the only concrete warning she would give Bardot. Cheri knew how Obscene handled himself around her, but when given an audience among his own court he might be inclined to act more like the frightening terror she’d witnessed on rare occasions. It would be highly upsetting to find out later on that Bardot met her end unprepared. “In his Seelie Kingdom, fairy magic rules. So keep in mind that his specialty is trickery.” The heir smiled, confident in Bardot's ability to see her personal quest through.

“I wish you the best of luck and I honestly cannot thank you enough for being so open with me about my father’s complications. I won’t forget it.” Cheri promised her new acquaintance. “If there’s anything else I can do to help your plight, just say the word.”

@Bardot

Messages In This Thread
    eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 07-29-2021, 02:54 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 05:26 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-02-2021, 08:52 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 11:37 AM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-03-2021, 01:12 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 06:59 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-17-2021, 01:46 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Bardot - 08-17-2021, 03:49 PM
    RE: eurus afer ventus - by Cheri - 08-22-2021, 02:47 PM