• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    There is that twinge of annoyance he had been seeking. He finds something else too as she defiantly lifts her head at his boldness and levels him with her pointed gaze that only makes him grin brighter. Her throat exposes itself to him and for a moment he swears he can see the way her pulse moves beneath her skin, feels an overwhelming hunger but it is not like the chaotic uncontrollable one that takes over him when he shifts into the serpent. It is a feral craving that changes that wicked grin back into smugness, as his nerves begin to get the best of him. As she arches her back and his smoldering gaze lingers on the movement, unable to tear himself away from these little gestures as he wonders what they might mean.

It had been a long time since he had been this close to her. Alone.

He can see the conflict in her eyes but finally she seems to calm, smiles at him in her infuriating way, and flips everything back at him. Difficult as always but he isn’t put off by the challenge. And it is a challenge, he thinks as he regards her with that smirk. This was never going to work was it? There had been too many blows between them, too much discord and snide remarks shared. And yet.

And yet.

With a sigh, he tosses the dark ribbons of gold and black from his face where they had momentarily covered his glittering red gaze. And ever so carefully, reluctantly, he removes a small heavy piece of his well worn armor that he has donned for years as that smirk spreads with each word given. “I smile when I’m uncomfortable. A nervous tic if you will.” This rare insight into him he hands to her, uncertainty dimming the brightness that had glowed in the fiery depths of red. Powerful in the wrong hands and he would have rather kept it to himself. Had never expected to share something personal with her. But it is a risk he feels he needs to take even if it might end up blowing up in his face, even if she decides to use that against him. The Wisp between his ears has become eerily still as if holding it's breath, entranced by the drama playing out before its invisible eyes.

“So.” He watches her closely, that unreadable expression smoothing the hard lines of his face as the smugness lingers on his lips. A smile that she can now be certain of.  “Will you agree to my deal?”

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM