• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He had noticed that her fresh rainy scent is no longer bogged down by him, the lost boy Prayers who he had met once by the River. It wasn’t that there was something exactly wrong with Targaryen. An unthreatening unassuming sort of stallion. Such a safe option. He just expected more from the mare who had stood unflinching in the darkness, in the whirlwind of a storm. Even through her tears she hadn't cowered from him, had stood her ground and fought back. Would Targaryen draw that wildness out of her or was he frightened of it? What it could lead to? Cheri was so intent on her goodness with her healing, her constant need to fix everything. Didn’t she ever grow tired of it? Of being so perfect all the time? He remembers her glazed eyes when she had stumbled tipsy beside him, how she had goaded and laughed at him, how she had been so daring.

He wishes he could see more of that, could uncover those parts of her and let them shine.

She takes her crown and already seems to wear it heavily, the weight of responsibilities turning her serious. Making her feel as if she is her crown and only that. But he knows better. And as someone who had found that the best way of alleviating that pressure is by wearing his own at a slanted angle, by not caring quite so much, he decides that he’s not going to back down with her. Not on this.

“Even Oceane knows how to live a little from time to time.” His roguish grin deepens as she plays coy and tries to distance herself from his agreement, recalling the genie indulging in the flowers as Cheri had once done with him years ago. Maybe the green and onyx mare would wonder how he knew that and he likes the thought of making her speculate what he had gotten up to with her mentor when she wasn’t around. She tries to take back control but he merely shakes his head, that predatory glint in the depths of red. “Now now, that’s no fun is it?” He pulls himself away from the tip of her wing, a few scales slowly peeking out beneath his fur. “Besides you know how us Fae like our bargains.”

He closes that small distance between them, his skull snaking out as he arches his broad neck as he deftly plucks a small crumpled flower that had somehow gotten caught in those shimmering green strands of hers. Releases it at her hooves as he pulls his muzzle back to himself, a knowing smile catching at the corner of his lips. Feeling much more in his element. “All I ask is a favor from you and only you at a time of my choosing.” His voice drops lower as he murmurs to her, holding her bright gaze with his dark probing one. For once hoping she would stop resisting him, that she would just let down her wall of duty and obligation. Just a little. “Will you trust me Cheri?” He asks her, that devilish spark in his eyes lingering even as it changes into something else. Something he doesn’t quite understand, that he’s still unraveling.

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 08-10-2021, 11:53 AM