• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hope is the thing with feathers; any

HOCKETY, POCKETY, WOCKETY, WACK

His ears turn towards her, finding her hurried apologies. Had he been busy? No, he supposed he had not really been busy, just keeping himself that way. A busy mind was the best way to chase the ill feelings away, sort of like that saying. ‘Busy hands are happy hands’ same went for minds in his opinion.  He offered her a small smile, one that struggled to grace his lips, but he plastered it there anyways. ”Oh, no. No, not really busy in truth, just finding things to do.” He runs a hoof against the grass, his eyes finding the ground as well.

He finds her questions painful, almost intrusive, but he shouldn’t. It was his own fault that they had not seen each other, he had become very good at avoiding her and everyone else. Slinking into the trees or over a crest of hills just in the nick of time to escape painful social situations. ”I’m..mending.” He decides, but he is not yet 100 percent committed to believing it, that notion hadn’t really cemented in his mind. He looks up when she tells him that she will be there for him, and he nods. ”That is kind, but it should be me apologizing. I should have comforted you, I should have said something. I am not sure I even deserve your friendship, I have wronged you Iset.”

It takes him by surprise when she pressed herself to him, they had not shared many embraces. Not since then. He allowed his muscles to relax, doing what he should have in the first place, and that is console the mare. How had he ever managed to go so long without doing so? ”What was he like?” He asks her quietly, it had haunted him since he had heard the news. The blank silhouette of a child he pictured did not provide much in the way of closure, or comfort. ”Will you take me there? The place where he left? I’d like a proper goodbye.” By now the body would have melted into the Earth, providing sustenance for the ground, carrion for the scavengers. There were always some things that would never end, and the circle was one of them.

WEIR
    The Dale's Eccentric Magic Manipulator

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hope is the thing with feathers; any - by Weir - 09-13-2015, 08:18 AM