• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  they can't see you if you don't move
    Malik almost smiles when she trips, but he can feel the way that the griffon beside him is frowning at the unkind thoughts that pass through his mind, and reconsiders. He hadn’t liked being mocked for falling in the snow, the boy remembers; he doubts this colorful stranger would like it either.

Besides, he falls frequently himself, so he ignores the stumble, and also the way that she steps on her own very long tail. The griffon is suspiciously silent about that one, and Malik almost turns around to see the expression on the creature’s face.

But the girl introduces herself instead, and Malik excitedly replies: “I’m Malik. Our names kinda match!” This seems a marvelous coincidence, and he is about to remark farther on it when he realizes that he has lost Maurtia’s attention in favor of his companion.

“Oh that’s Birdbrain.” Malik replies, and the black griffon gives an indignant hiss that suggests his name is no such thing.

“He’s a griffon,” the colt continues almost as though there has been no interruption, but he does give the winged creature a hard glare as he finishes: “And until he decides to tell me what his name is, I’m just gonna call him Birdbrain.”

@Maurtia

Messages In This Thread
    they can't see you if you don't move - by Maurtia - 04-16-2021, 06:23 PM
    RE: they can't see you if you don't move - by Malik - 08-03-2021, 07:28 PM