• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He had forgotten Light was present but is reminded of his glowing companion as she glances towards it. The Wisp was quiet, glowing thoughtfully above him, during the exchange. It had always watched their banter with a knowing gleefulness, as if it held a secret and had thus far been unwilling to share. Now it dances provocatively between his ears at Cheri and if it had a tongue it would surely be sticking it out at her. He thinks he catches a moment of irritation cross her features but it smooths before he can process it. Much like he does now, letting the mask of indifference settle across his own gold lined skill as she finally pulls away and comes to stand beside him.

A few scales begin to shimmer back to the surface but they are few as her wing comes to brush soothingly along his barrel and he can feel the snake within him moving in agitation before disappearing somewhere within him. Avoiding her for now. Her suggestion of a truce is indeed laughable and he snorts with dark amusement but remains quiet as she continues, a single tipped ear turned in her direction. He glances at her from the corner of a red eye, watches the intensity sweeping over her features as she builds on her words, as if she truly believes them. “You sound like Aela.” He snorts again but the Fae is curious, despite it all.

This is surely a trap. His suspicious nature can’t see it as anything else. But even he can’t deny the truth in her words. He is quiet for a moment, considering everything she had said. It went against everything that they had become, everything that they were. “Trust between us is laughable. Why would you trust me now?” He finally asks, looking at her with open curiosity and that roguish smile. The Fae in him is still looking for the trick, the trap, that must lay somewhere in her words. Did she know that Oceane had already come to him, requesting his support for her? Why did they need his approval so badly, he wonders? And did the Genie Queen know about Cheri’s radical ideas that didn’t seem to match the peace that Oceane had always so clearly wanted. Curiouser and curiouser…  It makes sense to an extent though, he thinks, teaming up with his nemesis if only for a little while with what was brewing around them.

It still doesn’t answer why she would need him of all horses though.

He feels Light’s presence then who suddenly moves further down to hover just above his nose. “My Prince.” “My Light.” He begrudgingly acknowledges aloud, annoyed at being interrupted and distracted. “If I may be so bold, you’re not asking the right questions.” The Wisp says simply before moving back to his place between his long ears. Obscene is quiet for a moment, considering the advice. He glances down at the gold stars patterned along his chest, looks up, and thinks.

“You would willingly align yourself with someone you hate?” He finally asks after a pregnant pause, the dark rubies of his eyes trained back on the small crowds gathered before them, looking anywhere but at her. He hadn’t minded hearing her say it, wouldn’t mind hearing her remind him of it now. That safety net they always fell back into, the familiar embrace of their mutual dislike. He needs to hear her say it if only to remind himself that she could lie. That despite the words she may say at least the loathing in her eyes had always spoken volumes, had let him know exactly where he stood.

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 08-03-2021, 01:50 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM