• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you

a bright and dangerous spark

She’d thought that her calm demeanor had been a literal thing. One smug smirk from Obscene made her realize otherwise. A tension she’d been unconsciously holding onto disappeared, lifting a weight over her and allowing the smaller mare to finally breath. He was giving her a chance. She could work with that.

She glanced once at the orb hovering near to Obscene, almost as if she could sense an entity there despite the fact that it was just a glowing orb. She reminded herself that he was fae: mythical, immortal, as unbound to the natural laws of this world as she was discovering herself to be. She blinked once at the odd bedfellow and tried not to concern herself with the idea that it might be a connection to another horse, some other being who would be privy to this discussion.

She wanted things between them private for now. Just them: herself and Obscene. “The way it should be.” Her nagging thoughts offered without her asking. She bit back the irritation at herself, in case Obscene picked up on it and misconstrued the expression as something directed at him.

“Nothing radical. A truce.” She pursued the idea smoothly, no hint of inner worry or concern evident on her face. Ledger’s instructions had served her well, it would seem. “I know the idea of trust between us is laughable, everything considered.” Cheri moved steadily from his shoulder to reposition herself beside him, just the edges of her wing brushing against his barrel and shoulder. From here they could glance at one another when they liked, but for the most part they could observe the world around them as a friendly-looking pair.

“I want to radicalize this world. Shake it awake from its slumber, change it if possible.” Cheri expressed with the gust of a sigh, unable to tear away the wild smile lighting up her otherwise dark and intense features. Beqanna was stagnant, and that had worked well for their predecessors, but she could sense a desire growing in herself and others like her - an intense curiosity to stir the stagnant waters. To push boundaries. Obscene was a poster child for that change, something she admired and (begrudgingly) respected. “But that’s made all the more difficult with someone like you pushing back at me. One day I will succeed Oceane.” Cheri stated this fact, confident of its eventual passing.

“When that happens I’ll need you. You may come to find that you need me as well. I only think it’s best that we both admit this now, before that happens.” Cheri’s smile set itself into a firm grin. The sun, gleaming high on her throne in the sky, warmed the black fur of their pelts. That was what it was to be alive, she thought. To feel the sun on her back and her greatest enemy, subdued for a moment at her side. This was her idea of living.
    Full-sized image link

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 02:15 PM