• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    He smells the rainclouds on the horizon and lifts his proud head, bleary red eyes finding her amongst the dark ominous clouds. Smells her storm scent and smirks that smug smile of his. Others might be mistaken by what’s flashing in the smoke she pulls around herself but he has always watched the storms and thought of her. Thinks of her too often that it can only be her that he sees. It’s the one secret he has kept to himself, why he often enjoyed watching them off the coast of the Pampas. As he has always done, as he always will.

She is as privileged and attention seeking as always, he thinks. Oceane did her no favors by elevating her so high, he tells himself. The flare of his familiar hatred spreads around him, casting even more dark scales along his backside. And yet he can’t help that small twinge of relief in his gut. That after six long months she was still around. That the thing in Hyaline hadn’t gotten its claws in her.

That she was here of all places.

The clouds roll away and she makes a huge spectacle of herself as she whirls in the air and lands, much to the delight of others. He keeps his mask of indifference, that smugness only deepening as she flutters her wings and acts as if she hasn’t seen him. He simply watches and waits as she joins a small group of winged horses. When she finally looks at him, looks at him and smiles, his own expression smoothes into blank nothingness. As the realization of her coming  towards him makes the snake within him writhe with new ferocity. Queen Cheri.” He drawls, slurs really, as she comes closer. And takes a step backward, as if to keep her at a distance. “If you expect me to bow you’ll be sorely disappointed.” He finds his smirk again but something flashes in the depths of red that turn from a bright hue to something darker. Something uncertain and feral and wild.

A biting remark comes to mind, something to do with Prayers, but instead of saying it…He swallows it down. She is beautiful and striking and all the things she has always been, all the things that infuriate him and drive him mad. And despite all that, all those things that make him hate her, he looks at her and sees himself wrapping around her neck until the light dies in those beautiful eyes and he takes another step back as he submerges once more beneath the dark mood of his brooding.

He was a monster, just as she had always thought he was.
    She had known it long before he had.

And now that he was face to face with her again, despite the strange longing to know she was alive, he finds he can’t bare to look at her, as if merely his stare might be enough to end her life. “Get away from me Cheri.” He finally says and takes another step back, stumbles slightly, keeping his gaze on the group of horses she had just left as the scales swarm over his body, feeding off the intensity of the emotions he can no longer pretend he doesn’t have.

obscene

@Cheri
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 08-02-2021, 05:17 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM