• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  But you have stars in your eyes and I have something missing [Any]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale had tried to take Ciri’s stars, but in the end had only taken their manifestation, and that only for a moment. He’d wanted them entirely for himself, but she lives, and she has them as well. He’d only copied them, it feels like a hollow victory, and so he rarely uses them at all.

He knows Ciri lives, though he cannot say how. There is a certainty within him that her heart still beats, and that it beats in the far North. He’d been planning on taking the bright little bird with him up there to set their long night to sparking and burning while he hunts down the star mare.

When he finds her in the forest, all alone, he experiences a thrill of delight so strong that his magic flinches and shrivels away from the positive emotion. The shape he’d been wearing (a quetzalcoatlus) becomes instead a navy blue horse with the same prehistoric white feathered forelimbs, and he lands in the open area near the water before ducking through the trees to find her where he’d seen her from overhead.

“Ciri?” He calls, sounding curious. He can feel anger, and finds that it emanates from black mare. Gale smiles, handsome as ever, and moves nearer when eh spots her between the trees.

She does not look especially vulnerable, and his lightning blue eyes flicker to the healed flesh of her chest and the whole length of her glittering black legs. “Did someone mend them?” He asks with a curious tilt of his blazed head. “Who?”

@Ciri

Messages In This Thread
    RE: But you have stars in your eyes and I have something missing [Any] - by Gale - 07-31-2021, 08:39 AM