• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana
    kissed my penny and threw it in
    prayed to keep my soul

H
    is

Would it unnerve her to know her secrets are not secret around him?

No.

Elliana has had enough secrets.

Enough.

Enough.

Enough. Enough.

That is what the daughter of the once queen of Terrastella believe.

She echoes his laughter with her own. Her laughter is youthful, pure, not quite the cliche of tinkling chimes but more like trilling on a clarinet. It is airy, quiet, perhaps even sad. She tilts her head to look at him, grinning her mother’s reckless grin, suddenly wild look in her eyes. “Since when are Guardians ill-fated? Are they not usually the heroic victors?” She asks him, does not tell him how she knows he is guardian like her mother’s godfather she has heard stories about. To be truthful, she is not even sure how she knows. “Best not hold it in your hands either, thorns can cut whether it be a head or a hand, there is no preference.” The darkness of a father she barely knows passes like a shadow behind blue eyes.

They remain a relatively silent pair until their arrival, in which her blue eye reflect valiant cliffs and gracefully blowing grasses.

No, he says.
    “No,” she repeats back at him and smiles. Her voice, so quiet already, is barely more than a breath. “I have always been a fan of that word, did you know? It was one of my first words,” she says, though it is not a memory if only because she cannot remember it, only remembers it inside stories her mother told at dinner parties. “Everyone says to say yes to everything, but I think we ought to start saying no more,” she says, smirks. “Wouldn’t you agree, Reave?” She asks him as if it were a trick question.

“Where would you go if you reached the end of the world?” She asks him. Thinks, in her head, that they would go further. Further than time and life and anything, just because they can. She thinks this, knows this in the very depths of her heart, but rather than voice it, Elli closes her eyes and breathes quietly, imagining just what wondrous places they might explore. She laughs like the trickling of a stream. “I think, I would watch the sunset, there, at the end of all things.” She says, and there is so much longing, so much passionate curiosity burning beneath her eyes that she wonders if he could feel she was likely to explode from it. But instead she tips her beautiful, thin neck back so that she might peer into the expanse of the pale sky.

@ elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
    « r »

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've pulled you in, nowhere to hide now; Elliana - by Elliana - 07-25-2021, 08:46 PM