• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i just want to hold you close to me
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

His kisses falter and Gale becomes still, the soft echo of her voice reverberating still in his ears. He can feel it now; something has changed.

Changed again. They are always changing, Gale has accepted, changing alone or with the other, some supernatural effect that he has not yet identified. He is not particularly bothered, not when he has Mazikeen to distract him. His happiness does keep his magic weak, but there are some things in life worth such vulnerabilities.

He can feel her desire, and the way it feeds into him and loops through them both. The realization of this seems to magnify the sensation tenfold, and when he touches her thigh he all but expects it to steam with the inferno that has turned his mouth to ash and burnt all the world but Mazikeen in front of him.

In front of him only for a moment, and then he pulls her so close that he never even notices the way their lovemaking chars the forest floor. Only afterward, when he gently pulls the half-burnt needles from her hair, does he look around and appreciate that they hadn’t managed to set the kingdom ablaze.

That is a strange realization, because a year ago he’d have reveled in such an opportunity, would have delighted in watching Mazikeen moan in an entirely different way as she grieved for the loss of both her home and her loved ones.

She is remarkably beautiful when she cries, but the Curse can no longer recall the last time he’d hurt her for the simple pleasure of doing so. He does want to, he decides, but it is a soft and distant need. Hardly worth bothering himself over, not when there are far more satisfying ways to cure boredom.

He is thinking of one now, as he rests his chin along her side and gazes down at the moonbright kingdom.

“Do you think he’ll come for Bolder?” he asks. The Curse had wanted Nashua to come immediately, but it seems Gale’s golden brother is less rash than this host would have been. He’d wanted him to, but each passing day makes it more and more likely that when Nashua finally comes that he will not be alone.

How many warriors could he take on, Gale wonders? How many could Mazikeen?

They’ll go to Islandres, he decides. He’ll take Mazikeen and Malik, and they’ll hide in the depths of the rainbow jungle. Even if someone comes looking for them, there are few alive who know the place better than Gale. They’ll wait, and bide their time, and perhaps Malik will mature into someone useful in a fight.

He does not speak this plan aloud, and does not intend to. Mazikeen doesn’t need to know, not yet. Best to keep it a secret. His forelimbs have shifted back to the white-feathered wings, Gale notices. It’s not unusual when he is distracted, and he smiles to himself and finds that the worry has been momentarily solved by making a plan.

There’s always the chance that Nashua will come alone, he reminds himself, or maybe he’ll just bring the boy’s mother. She had looked remarkably angelic, and having to constantly refrain from Hyaline’s local cherubs, Gale’s hunger for them has only grown.

The warm afterglow of sex, his full belly, and the dark shadows of midnight are lulling him into a stupor. He could easily fall asleep, but remembers Mazikeen’s earlier mention of restlessness and keeps his eyes open.

@Mazikeen

current appearance:natural horse form - iridescent mostly navy blue elk with glowing cremello stripes/markings and blue lightnings,
    white spinal mane and tail, white quetzalcoatlus forelimbs, red V-shape on left wing, black with blue glowing horns, sharp teeth

Messages In This Thread
    i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-22-2021, 07:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-23-2021, 10:16 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 09:43 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 06:08 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-26-2021, 10:07 PM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-28-2021, 06:37 AM
    RE: i just want to hold you close to me - by Gale - 07-30-2021, 06:52 AM