• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let it wash over me like a flood
    This black mare has not yet learned some of the more subtle arts of conversation so she takes words at their face value. When the stallion tells her that it was reassuring to know she did not want his death to happen again, that she had not liked that it had happened, she believes him and nods once in understanding. It is good that she was able to reassure him - though she feels no true relief from the horrible feelings weighing her down.

“Something in the darkness. We were fighting a shadow beast and it…” She shakes her head, unable to accurately describe what had happened in the woods. How one moment she had been her past self, filled with nothing but rage and the joy of a fight along two of her kin - the honour of fighting with two queens while she was less than they were - and then she had been as she is now. A soft-skinned mare filled with fear, knowing only that she needed to get away before she became the next meal.

So she simply tells him. “It changed me.”

And then, though he had said it didn’t matter, she tries to answer his question - which one she had been. “My head was smooth, with no crown. I was the smaller.”

After a pause, where her dark eyes remain fixed on him, it's her turn to ask something - a frown on her expression as she does “How did you... come back?” She almost says survive but she knows he hadn't. She knows they had been efficient as they always are - and yet he was alive before her now.
    NOSTROMO

@Cassian

Messages In This Thread
    let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 05-28-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-01-2021, 09:36 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-10-2021, 08:47 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Nostromo - 07-15-2021, 02:23 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 07-30-2021, 10:04 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 01-18-2022, 12:50 PM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-04-2022, 11:11 AM
    RE: let it wash over me like a flood - by Cassian - 02-23-2022, 10:29 AM