• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

She had hoped that her disappearance would be enough to spark worry in the North, that she had engrained herself enough into the Isle that the others would notice her absence as out of character. Not because it would mean one of them might find her but that they would be on guard. That they would know that darker days were coming and, oh, how dark they were. Her name falls from a familiar voice and she exhales sharply, flooded with a strange mixture of relief and dread. Instantly she shoves her sobs deep within her, knowing the hardest part was to come. That her own suffering could wait.

When she opens her eyes to look into the churning sea-green ones of Nashua (angry, she thinks, in a way she’s never seen them before), there is only regret in hers. His offer to help is easily accepted as she tries to lift her head and finds she cannot, having expended all her energy with the blast of stars she had exploded against nature’s will. So she simply gives a nod, unable to quite find her voice as apprehension thickens in her throat. Leilan has joined them now as well as the dark stallion with the long pointed ears and she barely glances at them, her sluggish swirls focused entirely on Nash. “Just leave the scars.” She whispers to him. Knowing he might understand why she would want to keep them.

Before she can lose her nerve, knowing it’s like a bandaid that needs to be ripped off, she finally says through a shaken voice for all of them to hear, “Nashua it was Gale. Something that wore his body and wielded his powers.” It breaks open from her now much as Gale had done to her chest to taste her magic. “He ripped me open and ate my stars.” Bile threatens to rise again in her throat, remembering the white hot pain, how he smiled and said “Delicious”. How she had died. "I died", she thinks but can't find herself to say it to them. Not yet. She glances out of the corner of her eye to the others before forcing herself to look back at Nash, her tone falling to a whisper.  “I think your brothers dead. I’m sorry I…” And she can’t look at him now, closing her eyes against the pain she had brought back to the Isle and to him as the unspoken words linger in the air. “I’m sorry I failed.”

-- Ciri

Image by Phil Botha

@Leilan
    @Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Ciri - 07-04-2021, 12:55 PM
    RE: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Ciri - 07-05-2021, 12:15 PM