• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i could live in it | mazikeen
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

For all his abilities, the Curse is not without limits. She asks if there is anything he cannot do, and he is quiet for a long time afterward. He considers answering for a long time, long enough that he must begin to kiss her again to stop the ache that builds in his mind.

He needs her and the feeling is mutual, so he takes her as queen, and after they are both sated he traces the midmorning sunlight that dapples her pale skin.

”Some things are easier than others,” he says, and at first it is not entirely clear that he is answering her earlier question. His voice is low, and soft, and he savors the hard planes and rounded edges of her shape as he caresses her. “Magics that I’ve taken from others are simple to learn. If I’ve only seen - Seen - something I can replicate it, but it is draining.”

“Malik will be on the western edge of the Forest in a few days.” He tells her, changing the subject and showing her the same image he’d given the boy, a distinctly shaped arch with cascading green string-of-boulders that stops just above the treeline, where Loess and the Common lands share a thin border that no one but the wanders lay claim. Taking the entity might disrupt those plans, he thinks; the boy might be reluctant to meet with a near stranger knowing his mother and uncle have lost the healing waters that aid in the peace of his home.

The rumbling of his stomach reminds him of his unsated physical hunger.

“You are sure we cannot hunt the angels?” He asks sweetly, “I don’t think they’d even put up a fight.”

@Mazikeen

current appearance: glowing perlino wildcat with lightning and iridescent navy blue scarring

Messages In This Thread
    i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM
    RE: i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 09:40 PM