• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i think i could live in it | mazikeen
    warning: mature themes

Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Is it because she sleeps beside him, Gale wonders? Has her nearness contributed to the restoration of his magic? He can feel it even before he’s fully awake, thrumming inside of him like the lightning that dances across his skin.

Mazikeen still rests, and the recently-woken Gale buries his face back against her shoulder, where the scents of sleep and blood and sex are still thickest. He shifts against her, hoping she wakes but content to admire her sleeping until she does.

The phoenix flames burn at her center, and Gale Watches them fondly, blows intangible air on them and wonders if Mazikeen will feel their flare in her skin.

“I found Malik,” Gale says aloud once he is sure she is awake. “He is Gale’s but I think...” He hesitates, considering just a moment, and then continues, because surely he can alter the boy the way he has his mother: “I think that he might be worth having in Hyaline.”

The exact method is still something he considers. Theft is simple, but Sickle has proven that the twins are old enough now to resist being taken. Perhaps he can make the boy younger?

“What do you think?” he asks, and the genuine interest he feels as he waits for her answer does not feel as strange as it should.

@Mazikeen

current appearance: glowing perlino wildcat with lightning and iridescent navy blue scarring

Messages In This Thread
    i think i could live in it | mazikeen - by Gale - 07-04-2021, 02:49 PM