• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

CROWN COMPETITION: THE FINAL STAGE
    The pressure against her muscle vanished as the box disappears from sight. Pevensie steps back, startled. She glances around - instead of the bird-man before them, Yael is back. Relief washes over her, for the golden queen is far less threatening and bizarre than any of the gods they'd been faced with before her. She assumes, at this stage, that their quest is over. She steps back again, to fall in line with the other two mares to either side. Looking at them now, she notices strange markings on each. Camrynn (Pevensie simply knows it's her daughter again, how and why she does not know), with her rather regal gold one and Lucrezia with a sphinx at her hip. Maybe the gods had thought Pevensie too scarred to spare a piece of skin, that's why the opted for the feather instead.

Yael locks eyes with each of them in turn, ready to make her proclamation. In truth, Pevensie doubted it would be herself, doubted she was worthy of a throne in this Desert kingdom. By her eyes anyway, Lucrezia seemed the worthy candidate, if not a little young. Camrynn too seemed young, but for a mare who had always valued knowledge and experience, a ruler so young always concerned Pev.

Respectfully, the little buckskin mare dips her head to acknowledge the golden-queen when her name is called. She is shocked when the answer comes, that she should be Queen. It had never been her intention to rule, let alone rule the Deserts. She is taken aback, left speechless. A gap which Camrynn soon plugs. For now, her father is forgotten in this new revelation. She simply doesn't know what to do with herself, how to respond, except that she quite literally lights up and begins to glow. From fear or elation, she isn't quite sure.

"Yael, I wouldn't say we are friends, but we have known each other for a long time. I hope that I can help the Deserts' to thrive, with Camrynn by my side. However, the kingdom still loves you. We all have your respect. I welcome you to help guide us as you please," she smiled, her voice calm and level. Or at least she hoped it was.

Messages In This Thread
    CROWN COMPETITION: THE FINAL STAGE - by Sarah - 04-06-2015, 02:27 PM
    RE: CROWN COMPETITION: THE FINAL STAGE - by Yael - 04-10-2015, 12:35 PM
    RE: CROWN COMPETITION: THE FINAL STAGE - by Pevensie - 04-11-2015, 03:41 AM