• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]

His answer, his laugh, delights her and her smile changes from something cold to something more feline. A huntress who is thrilled with what she has caught, or a warrior who has finally found an opponent worth her time. Like so many things with Gale, both of these feel true. “I like that answer.” She tells him, following it with a whisper that is saturated with sweetness. “I wish I could say the same.” And her growing smile and the way her blood orange eyes glint gives no indication of whether she is teasing him or not.

She doesn’t even know herself. It is both true and a lie. Like the heart in her chest and the love that should be there, it is both real and not real. Mazikeen feels disconnected from everything she had wanted - a peaceful life, a family, a pack to run with and protect. None of those are desires in her now. She wants to burn, to find an outlet for the writhing flames within her. And she wants Gale to burn with her and they have clashed together enough for her to know the way his mouth is moving across her skin tells her he is ready to ignite and she is there with him.

So she chases that last comment with more words. Because she wants him close. Whatever they are doing, whatever happens, she doesn't care so long as it is the two of them together at the centre. “But I am yours.” She tells him, melting into his touch. Becoming a living thing once again as she presses into him with purpose. All the while her eyes burn. The heat leeching into her voice when she finally says what she had thought the other night. “And you. You are mine.”

m a z i k e e n .

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature] - by Mazikeen - 06-28-2021, 08:17 PM