• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Her flaming eyes meet his, and Gale knows in that instant that this creature is no more Mazikeen than the empty shell had been. This Mazikeen is better. Better than the shell, and better even than who she’d been before.

Her flaming eyes are smoke-shadowed, and he feels the lightning in his own gaze flare as she fixes them on him. The breath catches in his throat as she comes closer, as she touches him of her own accord.

The bite catches him off-guard, and he laughs at this one piece of her that has never changed. She will always be able to surprise him. He laughs even as she rips the flesh away, because the pain is temporary. There are other things to focus on, like the way she licks his blood from her lips.

Gale nearly steps forward to help her when they part again, speaking in a voice far different than when she’d thanked him.

Her voice is ice, hard edged but engulfed in flame, and it stills his feet.

“I did.” He replies. The Curse dislikes children, still thinks the world might have benefited from the permanent loss of Sickle, and killing an unborn child is far from the worst atrocity he has committed.

She does not sound anything but cold, and his tone is neutral in return. Neutral, but he is smiling. In a few days, he’ll have mastered the telepathy that he’d taken from the weanling’s mother, and he will not have to wonder what hides behind that fiery gaze.

“But I wanted you in fighting shape.”

And he had wanted her to suffer. He remembers the feeling, much as Mazikeen remembers Love, but he no longers feels it. He’d used it all as fuel to set the Alpha ablaze.

The wound on his neck that her teeth had left healed as soon as his heart blood touches it, just as it always has. This time though, when the fine soft hair had erupted from the fresh new skin, they are a deep and iridescent blue.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature] - by Gale - 06-28-2021, 05:58 PM