• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the world as I know it is coming to an end [mature]
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

He had healed her.

It was a foolish use of magic, stupid and irresponsible. He has cursed himself for it ten thousand times. The Curse is talented at mimicking kindness, but it is never more than shallow efforts, verbal flattery and small acts.

Healing Sickle had not been small act, butat least it had not been a kind one. He had healed Sickle so that Mazikeen’s grief would not break him. And it hadn’t, but it had been a close thing. Fissures remain, little bits of emotion that slip in while he waits for her to return from Tephra.

Gale crushes them as they rise, and the stars move across the sky and the dawn grows nearer.

He rests, and when he wakes some of his Power has returned to him. That is when he finds the entities, when he takes the horns and the wings and the lightning. The Curse is feeling far improved when Mazikeen returns to Hyaline.

There is no pain as he looks at her, and Gale frowns.

Where is it?

She speaks, her voice soft and confused, and it is close enough to broken that he finds himself stepping nearer without even thinking. There is still no pain, so he touches her, then he tastes the blood along her neck and still feels nothing.

Interesting.

He pulls away, and regards her for a long time with his clear blue eyes. She’d killed Sickle, cut her daughter’s throat, and finally learned her lesson.

Is she broken now? Is that why the discomfort has left?

He cannot trust her. He cannot kill her. He cannot let her be free.
    What then is he to do with her? Her caution reminds him of Sickle, and he frowns.

“You are mine.” He finally says, and gives her the image of the last time he’d told her this, when he’d been holding her. Gale moves back as he does, putting space between them.

“You will do as you’re told.” Another reminder, and a command as well. “No more defiance.” His voice is cold, but a smile is growing slowly at the edges of that handsome golden mouth. “Do you understand?”

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the world as I know it is coming to an end - by Gale - 06-27-2021, 06:47 PM