• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd pray but I know there's nothing else
    mazikeen
    Mazikeen does not notice how her skin fuses back together after his claws tear it open, her mind is only on one thing - killing Gale. Tearing him into so many pieces there is nothing to be healed. She’s filled with so much anger and hatred that there's room for nothing else. She's forgotten Sickle is there too, until the girl accidentally stops their wrestling. Mazikeen latches on to Gale's leg so he cannot get to their daughter, snarling as she does - nothing but a wild animal.

She lets go out of surprise when the filly drops even though no one has touched her. She can see the girl still breathing though and her confusion doesn't last long, not when her fiery gaze meets his and she can see whatever patience he has is gone. Something shifts inside of Mazikeen, facing his rage. Her own still burns but sense is returning to her. Memories of what he is capable of leech in, this stallion that can now change time itself. What else could he do if she kept provoking him? How powerful has he become without her even being aware of it?

“No.” She says again but the word wobbles and it is more of a question than a statement. And when Gale moves towards Sickle it comes out more forcefully, this time with another meaning. No.”

Mazikeen moves forwards, feeling disconnected from her own body as it approaches the filly. She will do it, so he won’t. She cannot watch that again. He will enjoy it, prolong it and she does not know how long the filly will stay unconscious.

It's a kindness, she thinks distractedly, avoiding that other future, but the decision itself has already broken her. The act itself just a bonus.

This time, she doesn’t apologize to the sweet girl who is just caught up in something so much bigger than her. Just as Mazikeen is. The alpha cannot form any words at all. This time, she lets the grief drag her so far down she cannot feel anything as she tears Sickle’s jugular with a single, clean stroke. And when she looks to Gale immediately afterwards, as her daughter’s blood pools around her paws, her orange eyes are empty of all emotion.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd pray but I know there's nothing else - by Mazikeen - 06-27-2021, 12:26 PM