• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd pray but I know there's nothing else
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Gale pictures some of the ways Mazikeen might hurt their daughter, and the images bring elation to his navy face. He hopes for something bloody, remembering how the Alpha had looked with crimson streaked across her face. His excitement grows as her pale skin begins to fissure, and Mazikeen moves closer to the girl. Sickle’s step back - cautious - makes him laugh.

Good. She should be afraid.
    Her mother is a fearsome thing, and the Cursed creature licks its lips in anticipation.

Will she shift? Or attack her as a horse?
    He can feel his heart beating quickly, adrenaline rising.

She does neither.
    Turning instead, she faces him. She defies him.

He lunges at her without thinking, shifting to something large and clawed. Midleap, he sees Sickle just behind Mazikeen, her face terrified. He makes the split second decision jump over her Mazikeen entirely, and brings his hind feet up to dig into her shoulder and give him the boost he needs to reach Sickle on her other side.

His daughter’s body is young and weak, and the navy blue cat uses its saber-like teeth to slash and rip at any part of her iridescent body he can reach.

If Mazikeen is not going to keep her promises, he’s not going to do so either.

That Weakness he’d felt, that pain in his chest, it grows dimmer as his mouth becomes ever more red.

This feels good.
    This feels marvelous, he should have done this the moment he saw Sickle in Tephra.

He raises his blue eyes to find Mazikeen’s, hoping she will be bathed in the glow of her anger.

She will attack him, he thinks, and he will get another taste of the blood that has so empowered him the first time. He will devour them both and when Mazikeen wakes, he’ll make her cry out in both pleasure and pain.

But when his blue eyes find her orange ones, what he finds is not what he expects, and that sharp Wrong ache returns at her expression. The sound of Sickle’s wet gasps are an uncomfortable backdrop, and the Curse feels a rising, bitter nausea.

She does not look angry.
    She looks...sad.

@Mazikeen

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd pray but I know there's nothing else - by Gale - 06-27-2021, 09:29 AM