• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd pray but I know there's nothing else
    Trigger/content warning: baby gets a boo-boo

Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

Mazikeen heeds his warning, and the fear in her expression becomes a smile as she turns to face the girl. The child continues to talk, the soft tones of her young voice grating on Gale’s blue ears.

In this iteration, more than any before, it dislikes children.

The Alpha is putting on a very good show of being friendly to Sickle, and Gale watches their interaction with hard blue eyes. They look just alike.

He scowls, because the same hurt has returned at that realization. A sharp pain in Gale’s heart, just for a moment, and then it is gone, swept away by the writhing shadows that wear his skin. Weeks have passed, and he still has no explanation for it, and only knows that being near Mazikeen is making it worse than it has ever been.

His temper is shortened by the girl’s question to him, and by the cold humor in Mazikeen’s eyes in reply. He had wanted her to be angry. He hadn’t wanted...whatever this is.

She feels comfortable taunting him, and the Curse knows that it is because she has not been properly broken.

Gale had promised not to hurt Sickle, and Mazikeen had sworn obedience. If she keeps her part of the bargain when he makes his next demand of her, she will be keeping Gale’s as well, and his smile begins to return at the wonderful prospect.

He leans close again, and whispers a command in Mazikeen’s ear. “I want to see you hurt her.”

@Sickle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd pray but I know there's nothing else - by Gale - 06-27-2021, 12:18 AM