• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'd pray but I know there's nothing else
    sickle
    Sickle’s eyes widen when she notices his claws but it’s with interest more than fear. Her two front hooves do the same, and she plays with the rocky soil at her feet - mimicking his movements without really intending or thinking about it. To her, she’s just playing a game - enjoying the feeling of the cool soil - and not trying to pulverize rock into gravel so she won’t rip off a face.

She stops when he answers her question - claws reverting back to hooves now that her attention is elsewhere. It all sounds very big to her, the sort of thing she’s become accustomed to hearing she’s too young to fully understand. Some of it makes sense, though - Sickle agrees that she deserves to know the truth and she nods along to this part.

The filly mulls this information over for a moment, some of her unease fading. She’s not worried when she asks her next question, just curious. “Why is my mom scared of you?” He had seemed very nice so far. Unless it was just because he was a shifter - but that didn’t make much sense. Wishbone had never seemed very scared of her or Malik so it couldn’t be that.

A blazing light behind Gale catches the filly’s attention and her eyes widen to see a phoenix shift into the form of a mare. She has glowing horns too, but they remind Sickle of the volcano instead of Malik.

“And who’s that?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'd pray but I know there's nothing else - by Sickle - 06-26-2021, 07:33 AM