• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  So why are you running away [Oceane/Any]

O C E A N E

"I'm sure they will be able to find a perfectly suitable outlet somewhere within the Pampas. It's quite expansive," Oceane leaves no room for negotiation on this matter. Despite the warmly amused smile that still lingers at the corners of her lavender lips, her tone is clipped enough to communicate steadfastness. She had made it clear that she did not expect them to roll over and show their bellies in the event someone took a swipe at the South, and that is the only concession she intends to provide for now.

Despite this minor disagreement, they continue forward quite amiable. On occasion, her gaze turns away from the Fae to watch the trio of diplomats or to linger on the casual movements of some canyon wildlife, but the tilt of her ears never leaves Obscene as he works his way towards answering her inquiry about Sylva. The opaline Queen nods as needed, affirming that she is listening to the gilded man as he speaks and offers small bouts of laughter whenever he quips.

"A sound strategy," she responds genially at the mention of working smarter, not harder, but feels relief as he finally rounds the bend to her finaly question. I've found I like to be on the right side of her stick. Oceane grins that pleasant grin of hers and nods in understanding, an ear flicking at the observation he concludes with.

She offers a small shrug before she adjusts the wings at her sides and pulls them tight. "There was a time I did not feel it was my place to meddle with the thrones of those who have existed within the Southern kingdom since before my time." As far as her own understanding went, Castile had been the one to place Sabra at the helm of the golden forest. The thought of it has always struck her as odd, and though inconsequential, it was this fact that had always deterred her from pressing in on the odd Sylvan woman.

Oceane offers her companion nothing more on the subject, neither statement or question, as thoughts of his own feelings on Sabra linger in her head. "Well I believe we've covered quite enough business today. I will leave you and Aela to explore. Please expect me in the Pampas in the coming weeks. It's been too long since I last admired the flowers."

She calls to Ledger and Cheri, informing them of her plans and extending an offer for them to join her or remain with their guests. Before departing on luminescent wings, Oceane ensures that she thanks both Obscene and Aela personally for visiting the head of the Southern kingdom.

― @Obscene, @Aela, @Cheri
    ""

a little white light
    in a sea gone black
    n | t

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So why are you running away [Oceane/Any] - by Oceane - 06-25-2021, 08:15 PM