• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Pink Elephant in the room - Obscene
    Oh; Cheri had nearly forgotten the way he made her feel. Over time and at the mercy of his spite, the slender waif of a mare had done everything she could to associate the Pampas Prince with the things she loathed the most. She had told herself time and time again that she hated him, wished the worst for him, thought ill of him when the weather was foul and her mind seemed to drift toward him of its own volition.

But the moment he stepped back to her side and lifted her nose, she was done for.

The warmth of Ob’s healing spread through her veins like liquid fire, molten gold, and she closed her eyes so that she could feel it. As if his touch wasn’t enough, the gift of his powers felt like a wanton violation of her privacy - he was inside of her, searching for something broken to fix - but Cheri leaned into it and sealed her fate all over again. If this were a test she was failing it, and if it was a joke she didn’t care. It felt like something real and yet, the moment felt as intangible as a dream. He was wonderful.

She was hopeless.

"I fell asleep in a grove of evergreens," She murmured, turning her cheek so that her lips could move against the broad, handsome angles of his dark face, "when I awoke I came home, but something was - something is different about this place." Cheri confirmed. How best to explain it, she wondered?

"I can’t explain it, but I’m not supposed to be here. We aren’t … this isn’t right." She opened her eyes slowly, unwilling to sever the warmth between them. Gods how she wished she was wrong. Cheri’s heart yearned for something that didn’t exist, something that might never exist outside of this moment. She pressed her head sideways into his neck and breathed Obscene in, careful not to jab him with the rough points of the crystals that inexplicably were the source of her problems. "I can’t help but feel like I’m running out of time." The pegasus hated to admit it.

Already she could feel the pressure building in her head, despite what Obscene claimed.

I’m scared. She wanted to tell him. Not of this place, not of him, but of the reality she felt she was destined to return to. Of the Obscene she left behind and the Targaryen who still had her heart. Confusion and anguish prattled inside of her like beasts at the kill, swiping at one another over the battered remnants of what she had always thought was right and what now felt like it was meant to be. The ache inside of her grew, but whether it was an ache of desire or one of fear Cheri couldn’t guess. It only served to give her pain.

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    Pink Elephant in the room - Obscene - by Cheri - 06-11-2021, 07:11 PM
    RE: Pink Elephant in the room - Obscene - by Cheri - 06-22-2021, 09:01 PM