• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  shake that gravit-ass
    GRAVITAS
    He’d almost forgotten.
    (As in, he had almost managed to erase the memory from his mind. Emerging from the lake fully changed, the stars gone, replaced instead by fire, his sisters similarly transformed.) 

If he hadn’t wanted to talk about it, perhaps he should have played it off as if they didn’t know each other at all. But he’d acted on impulse, letting the joke crawl up his throat before he could stop it. Before he could remember that he’d changed. 

At least she doesn’t shout.
    Still, he shifts uncomfortably beneath her studious gaze, wholly unused to being looked at so closely. And he works to alleviate his own unease by summoning up another smirk in response to her question. He rolls his shoulders, tilts his head and shifts his focus to the horizon. “I don’t know, when does senility typically set in?” he asks, the tone thoughtful, teasing. 

He does not want to talk about the change or its catalyst. He does not want to talk about the darkness now any more than he’d wanted to talk about it the last time their paths crossed and he’s grateful that she asks something entirely different.

He draws his focus back to her face and rolls his shoulders again, noncommittal. “I know that you’re the youngest of eight but I don’t know your name. So, if we are buddies, I’d say we’re pretty unconventional.” 

@[Anuya]

Messages In This Thread
    shake that gravit-ass - by Anuya - 05-29-2021, 09:48 PM
    RE: shake that gravit-ass - by gravitas - 06-04-2021, 01:26 PM
    RE: shake that gravit-ass - by Anuya - 06-11-2021, 06:38 PM
    RE: shake that gravit-ass - by gravitas - 06-18-2021, 12:27 PM
    RE: shake that gravit-ass - by Anuya - 07-01-2021, 07:10 PM