• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how can I rearrange

It’s as if she’s summoned a piece of the night by her unwillingness to step out into the day. As she retreats to the shadows, a piece of them materializes in front of her in the shape of another horse but so unlike her she’s sure they must be another species. Sure he must be some deity. The sheer power that many individuals have in this new version of the world is startling, and to have it so brazenly on display might have prompted a comment - had it not been for how he greets her.

Little mouse.

The nickname irritates her, but who is Risa to argue? As she scampers back and forth between light and day, hiding from those who might crush her. He does not seem like a fellow mouse, this stranger woven from the night itself, but he does not frighten her as much as the wide world does. As much as those first few steps it would take to try to assimilate herself into a life she is no longer sure she even wants.

She knew that those that exist now have more power than when she had first lived, but it is fascinating to see up close. Fascinating and intimidating for a mare who’s only unique attribute is the way her dapples shimmer beneath the sunlight.

“I do miss the dark.” Risa answers honestly while she takes advantage of the way he shifts his stance so she can see more of him, unashamedly taking the opportunity presented to her. If he hadn’t wanted her to look, he wouldn’t have made it so easy for her - right? She continues, a little distractedly, as her dark eyes try to figure out where the glow on his wings is coming from. “It was easier then. Everything is too bright now.” And then finally some sense of politeness returns to her and she brings her eyes back to his.

And then she’s talking again, though she’s not too sure why. It’s drawn out of her, these quiet words. “The afterlife had been grey, and in comparison -” And there her words falter because the world around them is explanation enough. She just needs to gesture to the brilliant shades of green, the glimmer of sky above them through those leaves as day shifts to night.

@[Illum]

Messages In This Thread
    how can I rearrange - by Risa - 05-27-2021, 06:56 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Illum - 06-01-2021, 10:21 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Risa - 06-17-2021, 06:19 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Illum - 06-21-2021, 08:32 PM
    RE: how can I rearrange - by Risa - 06-24-2021, 05:39 PM