• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Scary stories to tell in the dark // Any
    MAURTIA
    Maurtia is very pleased to hear she’s better than ghosts - though she does feel a little sorry for Cici that she’s never been talked to by ghosts. Or maybe the finned girl is the lucky one - sometimes Maurtia couldn’t get the ghosts to shut up! They seemed to enjoy getting particularly noisy when she is trying to sleep.

It’s exciting to get to introduce herself to someone new - usually her mom gets the honour. And then her sisters already know her name. “I’m Maurtia! You can shorten that however you want, sometimes my dad just says ‘hey you’ in a certain way I know he’s talking about me and not one of the others.” This isn’t exactly true, but the story kind of got away from the dark filly as she told it and she doesn’t see the point in correcting herself. What is she going to do, say ‘just kidding that’s not true’? To a new friend? Absolutely not.

Cici suggests a swim, which is relatively new for Maurtia but she thinks a girl with fins will probably be able to give her some good tips. It’s the second suggestion that causes her glowing white eyes to widen a little. “That’s a little morbid.” She remarks in a perfect imitation of a dry tone, but the farce only lasts for a few moments before she blinks and says. “Let’s do it! I can hear them sometimes, you know. I’m not very good at it yet but I might be able to hear her.”

And then a small pause. “Uh, which way to the north island?” Maurtia didn’t much fuss with directions. Things were either towards home or away from home and here it was even more confusing because the ocean was everywhere so she couldn’t even say ‘oh away from the ocean’.

@[Acionna]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Scary stories to tell in the dark // Any - by Maurtia - 06-17-2021, 05:57 PM