• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I love to gaze into infinity [Gale]

Ciri

Something is wrong with Gale.

She’s sure of it when he looks back to her and she glances from the bird to him, seeing the sharp tooth grin and realizing his words don’t seem to match his constitution. She hadn’t noticed it at first, just excited to see her friend after a long time apart. Now her enthusiasm has been replaced with a wariness that continues to poke and prod at her insides, that annoying gut feeling that she was missing something. Something important. She takes in the hollowness of his cheeks, once again noticing the missing bright marks that had littered his dark navy skin the last time she had seen him. “Is it Mazikeen?” She asks hesitantly as the bird suddenly disappears (could it always do that?) and looks directly back at him.

Gale seems unusually pointed today, not asking about her stars in his normal curious academic way that she has come to cherish. She had shown him her power once, that first night they had met when the light had returned and the heavens had rained down on her to adorn her with the stars of remembrance. Perhaps it is pure luck that the Curse does not recall or even luckier that it might not have searched Gale for that particular moment. She does not look up to follow his trail of sight, knowing that his gaze rests on the glowing orbs and she instead studies him for a moment.

Something is wrong with Gale.
    She just doesn’t know what that wrong is.

“They just keep me company.” She says slowly, her grip on her power white knuckled as she carefully watches him, the swirls of silver moving slowly. Cautious. “You don’t remember? You were there that night, when they came to me.” All it would take is that tug to release the shield around her but surely…. surely she would not need to use it against her friend.

all of time and space, everywhere and anywhere, every star that ever was

@[Gale]

Full permission to do whatever so she can finally play with her shield ;p

Messages In This Thread
    I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-02-2021, 09:55 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-03-2021, 09:02 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-05-2021, 02:57 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-11-2021, 01:20 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-18-2021, 10:12 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Ciri - 06-19-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I love to gaze into infinity [Gale] - by Gale - 06-20-2021, 11:05 PM