• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's all up in the air and we stand still
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The walls it had built to contain Gale have been helpful in other ways as well. They’d kept out a pesky mindreader it had encountered, and they muffle the echoes that she sends to Gale. He realizes what she’s doing only in time to See the final one, a pale-haired young stallion with glittering dapples. It is no one Gale had seen before, and the Curse frowns in concentration as it attempts to place him.

Gale has pieced together that Aela is the child Lilliana had been carrying when Celina had shoved her into the water, though he’d not puzzled out who had raised her. She knew Heartfire as their great grandmother, but hadn’t known their father. The answers had been out of reach for Gale, and though the Curse suspects that it might now be able to discover them, it has no interest in doing so.

It is, however, intrigued by theory that she’d been given.

There have been stories of celestial creatures, moons and stars and suns walking the earth, but Gale had neither met nor Seen them. The Curse decides in this moment to find one, and to learn what happens when they die.

Perhaps one of every kind, just to be sure.

“Not as terrible as what I’ve planned for this life.” It replies in a tone as light as her own, and an accompanying smile.

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's all up in the air and we stand still - by Gale - 06-11-2021, 12:05 AM