• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  this vanity i'm breaking
    draco
    i've got a face of gold, i've got a heart of coal, but baby that's my cross to bear

It doesn't strike him that another won't get his bite, his sarcasm, his nicknames. When she answers him so bluntly, Draco cocks his head and relaxes. He leans back on his hind legs and considers the sunset girl before him.

"No, beloved, you are the sun," the demon calls back. He continues to stand, patient and wondering. Beloved falls off his lips so easily, the kind of pet name he uses to soothe the nerves of most creatures he meets. Tirza quickly becomes beloved simply for answering so readily, for not playing the game and for hardly showing any fear.

A smile, shark-like and gleaming, lifts Draco's mouth. He takes a couple of steps forward, spiked tail flicking with excitement. He forgets the bloodied, fresh appendages hanging loosely at his sides; instead, his focus is entirely on how he doesn't seem to frighten the dry woman before him. He pulls in his fear aura, tucks it deep within him, and settles - strangely content.

"And where do you go every night, sunshine? Do you go beneath the horizon?" Draco ponders, almost as if he isn't actually addressing her. His eyes stray to the shadows deepening around them. His eyes shine with love for the darkness, finding that he loves them more and more each time they answer his call.

The night swirls and twists around Tirza, almost adoringly. Draco offers that impish smile again, head cocking as if to ask Do you like that? Somewhere deep down, the demon hopes she does.

"Your name?" he finally asks. "I am Draco."

i won't take you back

@[Tirza]
    hitch a ride on my violence

Messages In This Thread
    this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 05-30-2021, 02:32 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 06-05-2021, 06:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 06-10-2021, 01:40 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 06-15-2021, 09:51 AM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 06-21-2021, 12:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by Tirza - 06-28-2021, 05:53 PM
    RE: this vanity i'm breaking - by draco - 08-25-2021, 05:54 PM