• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Summer's kiss through electric wire // Any
    I shudder, just slightly, when a shape detaches itself from the shadows. Black on black, and cruel in its very existence. A Monster, in every way. The blood drying to my lips cracks as a smile twists them. 

"Balto," I answer, my voice whispering over a scream-roughened throat. He is different, and the same. I see the hunger in his eyes and I know that my raw red flesh is on his riddled mind. The skin of my chest is all but torn away, leaving clarifying, delicious pain in its absence. Sharp enough to make me see clearly, and almost too much to bear. 

Turning, I press my shoulder into his, bone on bone. Smearing the red from my skin to his, where it hides among the darker black. "I don't know, I don't know," I croon weakly, vulnerable and feverish. The blood continues to weep, and I let it. Even as I see the fires stoke inside his voided eyes, I press closer. 

He could consume me and I would thank him in this moment, or destroy him in the next. Was it he who ravaged me this way? I'm sure I don't know, though he could well be the responsible one. Each black-wax tine of the antlers crowning him is a knife that could twist inside me. The gleam of monstrous teeth that flash when he speaks are a vital promise. A captured thing does not escape such teeth. 

It has been so long since I played at being caught. 

Wings draped useless at my sides, I flinch as the staff so gently knocks against a tree. The barest touch, and I'm in agony. Fat drops of crimson well at the edges, gleaming wetly in the edges of my sight. "Help me clean this up, would you?" I ask, gesturing faintly at the mess between us. 

@Balto

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer's kiss through electric wire // Any - by Sabra - 06-09-2021, 04:58 PM